- Wherever you are, take a seat, close your eyes, and bring awareness to your breath.
- Breathing in and out from the heart center, begin by generating a kind, loving feeling toward yourself.
- Feel any areas of mental blockage or numbness, self-judgment or self-hatred.
- Then drop beneath that to the place where you care for yourself, where you want strength and health and safety for yourself. Choose one of the following phrases (or make one up for yourself) and silently say …
- May I be filled with loving kindness.
- May I be well.
- May I be peaceful and at ease.
- May I be truly happy.
- Next, choose someone that you care for deeply or, on the contrary, who you feel most challenged by, and repeat the phrase, exchanging “I” with “you.”
- May you be filled with loving kindness.
- May you be well.
- May you be peaceful and at ease.
- May you be truly happy.
- Then expand your awareness to the entire planet and radiate the loving kindness to all living beings.
- May all beings be filled with loving kindness.
- May all beings be well.
- May all beings be peaceful and at ease.
- May all beings be truly happy.
- At the end, slowly open your eyes, take a couple moments to center yourself, and continue on with your day.
Becca Chopra, author of The Chakra Diaries, Chakra Secrets, Balance Your Chakras – Balance Your Life, and The Chakra Energy Diet www.theChakras.org