This sequence opens the heart chakra, which is the bridge between our lower chakras and physical self, and our higher chakras that tune into our mind and spirit. As the bridge from the Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras that are associated with the physical body, to the Throat, Third Eye and Crown Chakras, associated with mind and spirit, the Heart Chakra is the gateway to higher consciousness.
The Heart Chakra needs to be nourished if we are to remain physically strong, capable of giving and receiving love and able to develop spirituality. The Circle of Joy Breath will calm your emotions and prepare you for deeper visualization and meditation. Perfect for when you’ve been sitting too long at work, something has upset you, or as part of your regular yoga practice.
This can be done either standing or sitting. First, place your palms together at your heart.
1) Inhale, interlacing your fingers.
2) Exhale, press your palms forward and outward, stretching through your shoulders.
3) Inhale, and circle your hands upward, extending your palms up to the sky and lengthening your spine.
Affirmation: “I am encircled with joy and light to share with the world.”
4) Exhale, releasing your hands and circle them down behind your back.
5) Inhale, interlace your fingers again and raise the arms backward and upward, opening your chest.
6) Exhale, releasing your hands and circle them back in front, clasping the palms and stretching them forward.
7) Inhale, bringing your palms back together at the heart.
Now relax in the seated lotus position or lie down in Savasana. This is a good time to do a Chakra meditation or guided visualization.
For more ways to nourish all the chakras, download The Chakra Energy Diet, now available on Amazon Kindle.
Becca Chopra, author of The Chakra Diaries, Chakra Secrets, and Balance Your Chakras, Balance Your Life